Full-Time Staff Writer
Devex, one of the most innovative and fastest-growing companies in international development is in urgent need of a Full-time Staff Writer for its office in Manila, Philippines. The successful candidate will perform the following:
• Produce daily news digests on international development, global health and humanitarian emergencies
Interview officials in international organizations such as the World Bank, the ADB, USAID, and the European Commission,
• Write articles and special reports for publication on our website, which has over 190,000 active users worldwide.
• Bachelor's degree in Political Science, Economics, Journalism, Development Communication, and other relevant social science courses
• At least one-year professional or freelance writing experience
• Strong writing, editing and interviewing skills
• Excellent computer and online research skills
• Deadline- and output-oriented
• A fast learner
• Substantial work experience in journalism and reporting
• Strong knowledge of international development, global health, and humanitarian relief
• Experience writing for an international audience
• A portfolio of articles published in major publications
In order to be considered in their short listing and interview processes, please follow the following instructions.
1) Register and Logon at
http://www.developm entex.com/ spring/registrat ion/register_ individual. jsp
2) Click on »Register as Individual
3) Once logged on, apply for the position by following the link.