Join one of the most innovative and fastest-growing companies in international development - Devex. (www.Devex.com) .
Devex is in urgent need of a Full-time Staff Writer for its Manila office. The successful candidate will perform the following:
• Produce daily news digests on international development, global health and humanitarian emergencies
• Handle sections of two weekly publications for our global audience comprising international development professionals
• Interview officials in international organizations such as the World Bank, the ADB, USAID, and the European Commission
• Write articles and special reports for publication on our website, which has over 190,000 active users worldwide
• Bachelor's degree in Political Science, Economics, Journalism, Development Communication, and other relevant social science courses
• At least one-year professional or freelance writing experience
• Strong writing, editing and interviewing skills
• Excellent computer and online research skills
• Deadline- and output-oriented
• A fast learner
• Substantial work experience in journalism and reporting
• Strong knowledge of international development, global health, and humanitarian relief
• Experience writing for an international audience
• A portfolio of articles published in major publications
Interview invitations and status updates may be sent via email so please
check your email regularly.
In order to be considered in our short listing and interview processes, please follow the following instructions.
1) Register and Logon at http://www.devex. com
2) Click on »Post Your Free Profile
3) Once logged on, update your profile and upload your CV by clicking on "PROFILE" (upper right hand menu). Then click on "Update Profile" in pop-up menu.
Wage/Salary: Starting at $500, experience will be taken into account.